My Pet Loves Grapes (don’t try this at home)!

My Pet Loves Grapes (don’t try this at home)!

Grapes are Poison!

Raisins are dehydrated grapes…and they are both are poisonous to dogs and cats. The specific tolerance/sensitivity varies from pet to pet, but they are toxic to All dogs and All cats. 1 grape can put your pet into fatal kidney failure…or sometimes it can take 100. You just never know.

During the Pet First Aid & CPR classes I teach, I always have one student that says, “My pet loves grapes”. Is this person you? If so, STOP NOW.

It’s not too late

If you’re one of those people, then you’ve been lucky. Your dog or cat may have a higher tolerance. Stop giving them grapes and raisins immediately, and if they do get a hold of some, induce vomiting.

How should you make your pet throw up?

Hydrogen Peroxide. Give your pet 1Tbsp for 15lbs of body weight. Drip it in the back of their throat. This will usually only take one dose, but if not, you can repeat it once after about 10 minutes. Any doubt, See Your Veternarian.

And no….. you can’t give your pet wine either ;)

 

 

Robyn Elman

Pres., In Home Pet Services, Inc.

www.inhomepetservices.com

One Response to “My Pet Loves Grapes (don’t try this at home)!”

  1. Lynn says:

    It’s sad this information wasn’t available to me years ago when I was a child. I had the sweetest golden Gabby, who would sit across the room and catch grapes as I fed them to her. It was so much fun watching her catch them every time..I didn’t even know what it was doing to her. My Sweet pup..Gabby xo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>